Vendor Sign Up
Sign Up Today
Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor/exhibitor at the first Gulf Coast Exotic Animal Expo.
We know you have questions and we’ve got your answers
Our Next Expo is coming in
Vendor Show Rules & Requirements
First and foremost, thank you for participating in the Gulf Coast Exotic Animal Expo. We welcome you and ask that you take some time to become familiar with our guidelines.
- EACH VENDOR MUST COMPLETE A VENDOR APPLICATION, IF YOU HAVE AN EXHIBIT LOCATION PREFERENCE, PLEASE NOTE IT ON YOUR APPLICATION, WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO ACCOMMODATE ALL VENDORS. EXHIBIT SPACE IS ALLOCATED IN 8′ LINEAR SECTIONS. PLEASE KEEP YOUR EXHIBIT WITHIN THE SPACE YOU HAVE ALLOCATED AND PAID FOR.
- SHOULD THE AUDITORIUM REACH MAXIMUM VENDOR SPACES, SPACES WILL BE ON A FIRST-COME (COMPLETED APPLICATION) BASIS.
- EXPO TIMES ARE SATURDAY 9 TO 5 PM, SUNDAY 9 AM TO 5 PM. THE RAFFLE BEGINS AT 4:00 PM. ALL VENDORS MUST BE READY FOR OPENING AT 9 AM ON SATURDAY. VENDORS MAY ENTER AT 7 AM ON SATURDAY AND 8 AM ON SUNDAY.
- THE VENDOR SETUP IS FROM 10 AM TO 7 PM ON FRIDAY BEFORE THE EXPO. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LOADING EQUIPMENT. THERE IS A LARGE OVERHEAD DOOR AND ONE SIDE DOOR FOR UNLOADING. IF YOU ARRIVE EARLY YOU CAN DRIVE IN TO SET UP YOUR SPACE. THE SHRINER DOES NOT ALLOW VENDOR LOADING OR UNLOADING THROUGH THE FRONT DOORS. SHOULD YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, WE WILL HAVE HELPERS THAT CAN ASSIST YOU.
- ELECTRICITY IS PROVIDED AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN EXTENSION CORDS AND POWER STRIPS.
- THE SHRINERS PROVOST GUARD PROVIDES OPENING AND CLOSING OF THE BUILDING AT THE TIMES SPECIFIED ABOVE. THERE WILL BE NO ADMITTANCE AFTER THEY HAVE SET THE ALARM.
- NO VENOMOUS REPTILES ARE TO BE BROUGHT INTO THE BUILDING, SOLD, OR HELD FOR PICK UP.
- ALL ANIMALS MUST BE HEALTHY AND DISPLAYED IN A CLEAN NON-CROWDED ENVIRONMENT. IT IS ILLEGAL IN ALABAMA TO SELL OR SHOW AN UNHEALTHY ANIMAL OR HOUSE THEM IN UNSANITARY OR INAPPROPRIATE CONDITIONS. SACBS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE THE FINAL DETERMINATION ON WHETHER ANY ANIMAL, VENDOR, OR EXHIBITOR MAY PARTICIPATE IN OUR EXPO.
- ALL PROPER PERMITS AND LICENSES MUST BE CLEARLY VISIBLE. TAX FORMS WILL BE PROVIDED, BUT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING PAYMENT.
- ANY ANIMAL THAT IS REMOVED FROM ITS CONTAINER OR ENCLOSURE MUST BE DONE SO AT THE VENDOR’S LIABILITY. WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANIMAL BITES, SCRATCHES, OR OTHER PERSONAL HARM.
- IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT ALL ANIMALS AND INSECTS ARE HELD INSECURE CONTAINERS OR ENCLOSURES. WE MUST IMMEDIATELY BE NOTIFIED IF AN ANIMAL/INSECT IS SUSPECTED TO HAVE ESCAPED. WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO FIND AND ALLOW YOU TO RETRIEVE A LOST ANIMAL/INSECT.
- SOMEONE MUST BE PRESENT TO COVER YOUR BOOTH AT ALL TIMES. IF YOU ARE ATTENDING AND NEED SOMEONE TO ASSIST FOR A SHORT TIME, PLEASE MAKE A REQUEST AND WE WILL BE GLAD TO PROVIDE A TEMP.
- IF YOU ARE SHARING EXHIBIT SPACE OR HAVE CONSIGNMENT ANIMALS, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT IS ON YOUR TABLE OR IN YOUR SPACE. PLEASE KEEP AND LEAVE YOUR AREA NEAT AND CLEAN
- PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO ALL SHOW PATRONS AND VENDORS. WE ASK THAT YOU BE AWARE THAT SOME PATRONS ARE APPREHENSIVE ABOUT BEING NEAR SOME ANIMALS. MANY VENDORS OFTEN DO NOT WISH TO HAVE THEIR ANIMALS IN NEAR PROXIMITY TO CERTAIN ANIMALS FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY REASONS. SHOULD YOU BE ASKED TO MOVE FROM AN AREA DUE TO A
PATRON’S OR VENDORS CONCERNS, PLEASE DO SO WILLINGLY WITH RESPECT FOR ALL.
- SACBS ASKS THAT VENDORS REFRAIN FROM BULK BUYING FROM OTHER VENDORS AT THE FAIR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. THIS WILL ALLOW THE GENERAL PUBLIC THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY THE EXOTIC BIRD OF THEIR DREAMS AND ALLOW THE VENDORS TO INTERACT WITH THEM. EXCEPTION IS PRE-ORDERS.
- PER THE VENUE REGULATIONS, ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE PERMITTED.
- SACBS AND THE GULF COAST EXOTIC ANIMAL EXPO ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled some frequently asked questions from vendors who have joined us in the past.
How do I become a vendor at the Gulf Coast Exotic Animal Expo?
The vendor/exhibitor application can be completed and submitted from this site. If you prefer, you can print the form and mail it to the show sponsor, South Alabama Cage Bird Society, P O Box 161063, Mobile, AL 36616. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the Vendor Application box. Fill out and click on submit or print and mail. Each vendor’s fees vary with your space requests. All spaces are 8 ft wide and rent for $75 for the weekend. We do have a special pricing offer of 10 tables for the price of 8. Tables are provided with the rental, but can be removed should you have your own display setup. Seating is somewhat limited, so you may want to bring chairs. An electrical connection is also provided in the rental fee. This is a large event space, but we do sell out close to the event date.
ALL fees do not need to be paid for prior to the show dates but MUST be paid in full BEFORE the end of the day Saturday unless other arrangements have been made with Expo Treasurer or Chairman. For those who would like to pay in advance, you may now pay through PayPal by filling out the application and indicating you would like to pay online. You will then be contacted and arrangements will be made. To have your name and vendor listing info published on our vendor show map you MUST be signed up at least two weeks BEFORE our expo. Also, be as accurate as possible on what you will be selling as the public will be looking for particular items/animals by what you have listed. The more detail you list the better such as not just birds, list all the different types too.
The SACBS hosts a vendor dinner at 6 PM on Friday evening. There is no charge for the dinner and the food is terrific!
Are all animals allowed to be sold?
All healthy exotic pets, (NO DOMESTIC DOGS OR CATS) that are legal to sell and be kept in the state of Alabama may be sold. All species must be listed on the application for preapproval. If you have any questions as to whether an animal will be allowed please feel free to contact us through the contact numbers listed on this site.
Any animal that is listed on the Alabama state or Federal exclusion list may not be sold or exhibited and will not be permitted to remain in the Auditorium and must be removed at the request of the event chair.
Must I post all proper permits and licenses?
Gulf Coast Exotic Animal Expo reserves the right to make the final determination on whether any animal, vendor or exhibitor may participate in our show. If an animal is brought in who appears unhealthy or diseased, is housed inappropriately or in unsanitary conditions, is illegal in Alabama, or for which you do not have proper permits, you will be asked to remove that animal from the premises. All permits and licenses must be posted and/or available should they be requested.
What is the vendor cancellation deadline and fee?
If you have reserved space at our show and find for any reason you must cancel, we ask that you must do so as soon as you are aware you will not be able to participate. Full refunds will be available at least Monday prior to the Expo. This will give us time to rebook the space. No Shows will receive no refunds and will be required to prepay in full for all future shows. We do our best to accommodate everyone and individual circumstances will be taken into consideration.
Where do I set up my exhibit?
Upon arrival at the Abba Shrine Auditorium, you will see signage directing you to the correct entrances to the building. Enter the building and look for SACBS members who will be glad to show you to your space. You will need to check in with the Treasurer and pay any fees that might still be due Saturday morning. You will also pick up your vendor badges (which double as your admission pass throughout the Expo.
Expo Event organizers will make every effort to make this the best show you attend all year. We will try to honor requests but we reserve the right to place your booth in a location beneficial to our layout and your surrounding product availability. Preference will be given to larger vendors who pay in advance and reserve first. Please, a little patience and flexibility make for a better time for all. A large overhead door is available for ease of unloading. UNLOADING IS NOT ALLOWED THROUGH THE FRONT ENTRANCE. We try to have some help on hand for vendors needing assistance with unloading and setup.
In an effort to make our show more attractive and clean, ALL tables whether provided by the Shriners or provided by you will be required to have a tablecloth cover/skirt. You must supply your own tablecloths. All vendors and exhibitors are to keep their own area and surroundings neat, trash free and swept. Trash cans will be provided and emptied for regular refuse. Boxes must be broken down and moved to the dumpster provided.
What time is set up and tear down?
Our staff will have the Auditorium open at 10 am Friday morning (July 26th). Everyone must vacate the building no later than 8 pm Friday evening. We must complete our staff set up before vendors will be allowed in. Vendor set up time is Friday, from 10 AM until 7 PM. The show’s advertised hours run from 9 AM to 5 PM Saturday and 9 AM to 5 PM Sunday. Our raffle drawings will begin at 4 PM Sunday afternoon. Vendors are strongly encouraged not to leave early either day. IF vendors must leave early for any reason, such as total sell out of product, their booth must be clean. Please leave a supply of existing vendor’s business cards and/or brochures at spaces vacated.
What if my animals require a warm environment?
Our exhibit hall is large but is usually temperate due to July heat in Mobile. Some areas may be drafty if located near doors. Please plan ahead by supplying a heat source if necessary and a means of blocking any drafts. We will do our best to accommodate you but keeping the crowd comfortable may be too cool for some exotics so make arrangements to keep your animals in a temperature controlled habitat if necessary. Please be sure to bring electrical extension cords and other necessary electrical connections. You will have electrical supply cords dropped from the ceiling.
Can I allow the public to handle my animals?
Vendors/Exhibitors who choose to remove their animals from their habitats or allow the public to handle their animals will be responsible for controlling their animals at ALL times. Each vendor/exhibitor is exclusively liable for any damage to property or personal injury resulting from contact and/or handling of their live animal.
Each vendor/exhibitor will be held responsible for exhibiting their animals in safe, secure, and attractive habitats. Gulf Coast Exotic Animal Expo will not be responsible for ANY escapes of your animals. Each vendor is responsible for recapturing any escaped animals without unreasonable disruption to other exhibitors or guests.
Are there RV hookups available?
There are a number of RV spaces available for rent through the Shriner’s office. Please contact the Abba Shrine Auditorium directly to make these arrangements.
Abba Shrine Auditorium
7701 Hitt Road,
Mobile, AL 36695.
Still have questions about the upcoming expo?
If you have any questions about the upcoming expo, please look through our FAQ section. If you cannot find the answer to your question there, contact us. We will be happy to assist you!